Wednesday, June 11, 2014 Around 6 A.M. Wednesday Morning Lafayette Twp Fire Department along with Greenville Twp Fire, Yellow Ambulance, and another fire agency responded to a fire in a fryer. It was located at the Taco Bell in Lafollette Station North.
The first units on the scene found the fire to be an electrical fire outside of the fryer. It was quickly extinguished with a portable extinguisher. The manager advised they turned on the fryer, a electrical spark came from the unit and started a small fire under it. During the call it was determined that Lafayette Twp. could handle the situation and the other responding units were canceled.
The store was closed for a few hours while the kitchen area was sanitized and inspected by the health department .