This winter many of you may be using alternatives to help with heating your home. We want you to be safe so here are a few tips for you to follow:
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heating equipment, like the furnace, fireplace, wood stove, or portable space heater.
- Keep pets and people three-feet away from open fires and space heaters.
- Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room, the house or going to bed.
- Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel burning space heaters.
- DON”T USE YOUR OVEN TO HEAT YOUR HOME.
- Check you smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for proper operation. This will most certainly save your life in case of a fire.