The Floyd County Emergency Management Agency, Lafayette Township Fire Protection District, Greenville Fire Protection District, and Harrison Twp Fire Protection District in Corydon, ask the community to lend a helping hand to those affected during the recent tornado destruction in Western Kentucky. Floyd County EMA Director Kent Barrow has contacted officials in that area, and they have sent a supply request. If you can donate anything from the supply list, it would greatly be appreciated. All donations will be taken to the affected area on Thursday, 12/16/21.
The donations can be dropped off 8 AM till 8 PM until Thursday 12/16/21 at Lafayette Township Fire Protection District or Greenville Township Fire Protection District firehouses at these addresses :
Lafayette Twp FPD Station 1: 4002 Scottsville Rd Floyds Knobs, In
Greenville Twp FPD Station 2: 7020 US 150 Galena, In
Harrison Township Fire Protection District in Corydon, In has been added as a donation site as well.
Harrison Twp FPD Station: 120 Hilltop Dr. Corydon, IN 47112
Here are the supplies needed:
*There is no need for bottled water. EMA has plenty to send already.
- Non-perishable items (items not needing to be refrigerated when stored)
- Can goods with pull open tops (not needing a can opener to open)
- Baby wipes
- Baby items
- Trash bags
- Gloves (work gloves, rubber cleaning gloves, medical gloves
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates)
- Pet Supplies (dog and cat food etc.)
- First-aid supplies (band-aids, medical tape, bandages, antibiotic ointments, Ect.
- Cleaning supplies (soap, dish soap, bleach, disinfecting sprays, cleaning wipes)
- Duct tape
- Candles, Matches, Lighters
- Over-the-counter medications (including Tylenol, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, etc.)
- Shovels and rakes
- Phone chargers
- Gas Cards
- Feminine products
- NEW toys for Christmas