Early Monday morning, just before 5 A.M. the homeowner of 4814 Elaine Dr heard the smoke detector sounding in his home. He awoke to find a fire in his bathroom. He immediately closed the door in the bathroom and got everyone in the home out safely. Six minutes after the first dispatch Lafayette Quad 11 arrived on the scene. They found a small fire in the bathroom and were able to extinguish it with a water can (a fire extinguisher filled with a water and firefighting foam solution). If not for the quick action by the homeowner to close the door to the bathroom the fire could have easily spread through out the house. We have pictures of the damage and the door outside the bathroom. You will notice that there was hardly any smoke or fire damage outside of the bathroom. That is because with the door closed it limited the oxygen to the fire and kept the heat and smoke contained to that room.